Rotary club of Panaji Riviera organised ‘SAHITAM’ a 3 day residential inclusive RYLA for underprivileged & Challenged children on 7th, 8th & 9th April at Youth Hostel, Panjim.
‘SAHITAM’ was inaugurated on 07th April at hands of Hon’ble Panjim MLA Mr Siddharth Kuncalienker in presence of Rotary International District Governor of 3170 Rtn. Dr. Vinaykumar Pai Raikar.
The participants comprised of 88 underprivileged kids (abandoned/orphans/weaker backgrounds/broken families) from Mother Margaret Boys Home Ucassaim and Noven Jivit from Bambolim and 15 special kids who are challenged from Peace Heaven, Caranzalem.
Over the 3 days, members of Rotary Club of Panaji Riviera organised the following training sessions for the young participants being
1. Health & hygiene – by Dr. Deepa Desai
2. Good Touch, Bad Touch – by Mrs. Shraddha Tarcar
3. Self Defence – Krav Maga – by Mr. Desmond Dias
4. Best out of Waste – by Ms. Beena Gangani & her team
5. Boot Camp – by Mr. George & Mrs. Colleen Sequeira from Fitness Zone
6. Cheer your Life Playshop – by Ms. Geeta Bhansali & Ms. Shilpaa Chogle from Mumbai
7. Personality & Confidence Development – by Mr. Earl Britto
8. Crafts – by Ms. Lavina Melvani
9. Emotional Wellbeing – by Mrs. Prachi Khandeparkar from Sangath
10. Career Guidance – Mr. Earl Britto
11. Magic & how to perform tricks – Magician Ram
12. Yoga – by Mrs. Namrata Menon & her team
13. Boat Cruise on Mandovi River with entertainment & Dinner – by Mr. Atrey & Mrs Tanvi Sawant.
All the Resource persons performed to their best to train all these underprivileged and challenged children and none of them accepted any teaching fees being their bit on good humanitarian kids.
Besides above, they were treated to a movie at theatre & return gifts. All were given participation certificates.
Each participant was taught to make a vision plan what he/she thinks of for future, & result was some outstanding vision plan creations by the kids. They all participated in all above sessions over 3 days. They were dividedagewise in two categories: Juniors & Seniors. So each batch was alternated with courses and levels meant for them.
SAHITAM has been a very different experience & memorable to the organising Rotary Club of Panaji Riviera. The kids returned back to their respective homes having spent these 3 days very diffrenetly, and were transformed & rejuvenated with this experience of so many faculties which is rare to find.
‘SAHITAM’ RYLA is conceptualised by Rtn. Angad Singh & Rtn. Ryan Costa, the Community Service Directors along with President Rtn. Raja Melvani & all members of Rotary Club of Panaji Riviera.
We were also featured in newspapers